Bay Mau coconut forest is a famous eco-tourism area in Hoi An. Coming here, you will experience sitting in a basket boat to visit the green coconut forest in the middle of a peaceful space, admire the basket dance, boat racing and enjoy local specialties …
Bay Mau coconut forest is a destination that many tourists visit in their Hoi An travel itinerary . This place promises to bring you a lot of new and interesting experiences. To make the trip complete, pocket these 5 important things right away before exploring this green coconut forest!
Where is Bay Mau coconut forest? How far is Bay Mau coconut forest from Hoi An?
- Address: Group 2, Can Nhan Hamlet, Cam Thanh Commune, City. Hoi An, Quang Nam Province
- Opening hours: From 7:00 to 17:00 daily
Tickets to visit Bay Mau coconut forest:
- Entrance ticket price: 30,000 VND/person
- Ticket price for renting a basket boat: 150,000 VND – 200,000 VND/boat
Bay Mau coconut forest is also known as Cam Thanh coconut forest by locals, about 3km from Hoi An city . This is a famous eco-tourism area that gives visitors many experiences about the nature of rivers, immense coconut forests and rustic basket boats.
History of Bay Mau coconut forest
According to local people, Cam Thanh coconut forest has existed for about 200 years. At that time, migrants from the Southwest region brought nipa varieties and planted them in this area. Thanks to the combination of water and soil, the tree gradually proliferated, growing into a large forest of about 7 acres (7 ha). The name Bay Mau coconut forest also comes from that (although now the coconut forest covers an area of up to 100 hectares).
During the resistance war, the coconut forest was an important revolutionary base to help our people win many battles of the enemy. Today, taking advantage of the natural beauty of the vast coconut forest, this place has been exploited to become a well-known eco-tourism area and one of the famous Hoi An tourist destinations .
What does Bay Mau coconut forest have?
Bay Mau coconut forest eco-tourism area provides many services to bring visitors unexpected and interesting experiences. Those are the memorable feelings that many people have when coming here:
- Sightseeing in a basket boat : Sitting in a basket boat weaving through the green coconut groves and enjoying the fresh air is a unique experience, loved by many people. Bay Mau coconut forest tourist area has two types of basket boats, the small type can carry 2 guests and the large type can accommodate 4 guests. In the journey of walking and sightseeing, you will hear interesting stories about the coconut forest and far away, the dear melody of a Quang folk song.
- Watch basket dance and boat racing: In addition to walking and sightseeing, you can also enjoy the exciting performance of basket boat and boat racing. Surely, you will be amazed at the ability of the “artist” to balance on the bobbing basket boat with fluid, extremely fast and impressive movements. Next is the boat racing performance, which is equally thrilling, don’t forget to cheer and cheer to motivate the riders.
- Throwing a net to catch fish: Throwing a net to catch fish is a lively performance that many people expect when coming to Hoi An coconut forest. You will be able to see with your own eyes the rustic and ingenious images of fishermen here.
- Making souvenirs from coconut leaves: In the Bay Mau coconut forest tour, you will be given souvenirs from coconut leaves by the boatman, such as watches, rings, locusts, tribal hats… Although they are only small gifts, they show the cuteness, enthusiasm and simplicity of the people of Quang. The aunts and uncles will also guide you to make your own favorite items.
- Cycling to Cam Thanh village: After admiring the green coconut forest, rent a bicycle and walk around Cam Thanh village. The journey will help you immerse yourself in the beautiful, idyllic space of the vast rice fields and inhale the full chest of the country air with the scent of ripe rice.
- Enjoy Hoi An specialties at local people’s houses: In the journey to discover Hoi An coconut forest, do not hesitate to accept the invitation of local people to have the most authentic experience of the rustic life here. . You will be treated to delicious specialties such as spring rolls, sweet and sour shrimp salad, banana flower salad, central pancakes… In addition, you can also enjoy these delicious dishes at Bay Mau coconut forest restaurant.
Experience going to Bay Mau coconut forest in Hoi An
The following experience in the Bay Mau coconut forest will help you prepare the best for your visit:
When to visit Bay Mau coconut forest in Hoi An?
Traveling to the coconut forest is ideal in the dry season from January to September. At this time, Hoi An enters the summer, it is sunny but the climate in the coconut forest is extremely cool, fresh and pleasant.
If you come to Bay Mau coconut forest around August, September, you will be able to admire the most beautiful coconut forest and enjoy delicious sesame salted coconut rice. The rest of the year, you can still go to the coconut forest, but you need to keep an eye on the weather to avoid storms, especially around October and November.
The path to the Bay Mau coconut forest in Hoi An
In recent years, Bay Mau coconut forest is a famous destination chosen by many people in the travel schedule of Da Nang – Hue – Hoi An . Therefore, the road system is quite developed and you will easily get here by boat or by car, taxi, motorbike in 2 ways:
- By river: You will board a boat at Bach Dang wharf (in the ancient town of Hoi An ), the boat will take you downstream along the Thu Bon River to reach the coconut forest.
- By road: From the center of Hoi An city, you follow Tran Nhan Tong street, cross Cua Dai bridge and go another 500m to reach the destination.
Car Rental With Driver in Hoi An
For the convenience of visiting Bay Mau coconut forest , book Rental A Car With Driver From Hoi An To Bay Mau Coconut Forest, selecting our chauffeured service, you will get what you pay for. Depend on your budget, get the number of group members and luggage, there are different offers from us. Hoi An Ancient Town is the walking town, so you will need private car with driver for travel to the suburban like My Son Sancutary, My Lai, …
Link: Hoi An Car Rental